15 Ways One Can Travel To Uk In 2023

Are you determined to migrate to the UK for legal reasons? Then, you’re in luck.

I have made available for you 15 ways one can travel to Uk in 2023.

All possible ways to validate your determination. Let’s begin.

#1. Visit the UK for a Paid Engagement

If you’ve been invited to the UK by a UK-based organization or client as an expert in your profession for a paid engagement, you may be eligible to visit the country for this purpose.

Eligibility for a PPE Visa

To be eligible for a Permitted Paid Engagement (PPE) Visa, you must meet the following criteria:

  • Formal Invitation: You need a formal invitation from a UK-based organization for a pre-arranged event or engagement related to your expertise and qualifications.
  • Age: at least 18 years of age
  • Duration: Your visit should not exceed 1 month.
  • Departure Assurance: You must demonstrate that you will leave the UK at the end of your visit.
  • Financial Support: Show evidence that you can financially support yourself during your trip, or have someone else funding your stay.
  • Return Journey: Have the means to pay for your return or onward journey.
  • Residence Intent: Assure that you will not make the UK your main home or stay for extended periods through frequent visits.

Documents Required

To apply for a PPE visa, you will need the following documents:

  • Valid Passport: Your passport or travel document should be valid for the entire duration of your stay.
  • Formal Invitation: Obtain a formal written invitation from a UK-based organization or client, stating the purpose of your visit and how it relates to your expertise.
  • Additional Documentation: Depending on your profession and engagement, you may require supplementary documents to support your application.
  • Certified Translation: If any documents are not in English or Welsh, provide a certified translation.

Application Process

The application process for a PPE visa can begin up to 3 months before your intended departure date. The visa costs £100 for a 1-month stay.

#2. Enter the UK with a Marriage Visa

If you want to get married or register a civil partnership in the UK without intending to stay permanently, you can apply for a Marriage Visitor visa.

Eligibility Criteria

To be eligible for a UK Marriage Visitor visa, you must meet specific requirements, including:

  • Foreign National: You must be a foreign national who intends to marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK within six months of arrival.
  • Age: From 18 years and above
  • Genuine Relationship: You should be in a genuine relationship with your partner.
  • No Intention to Reside: You must not intend to reside in the UK after the marriage or civil partnership.

Documents Required

When applying for a Marriage Visitor visa, you need to provide supporting documents, such as proof of identity, financial stability, relationship status, and more.

The Application

The application process involves several steps, including checking if you need a visa, preparing the necessary evidence, applying online, attending an appointment if required, and making travel arrangements.

#3. Visit the UK with the Electronic Visa Waiver

The Electronic Visa Waiver (EVW) allows citizens of specific countries in the Middle East to enter the UK for tourism, business, study, or medical treatment for up to 6 months.

Eligibility for the EVW

You are eligible for the EVW if you hold citizenship from one of the following countries:

  • Bahrain
  • Kuwait
  • Oman
  • Qatar
  • Saudi Arabia
  • United Arab Emirates

Application Process for the EVW

To apply for the EVW, follow these steps:

  • Gather Required Documents: Prepare your current passport, UK address, and travel itinerary details.
  • Timing: Submit your application between 3 months and 48 hours before your intended travel date to the UK.
  • Online Application: Apply for the EVW through the official UK government website.
  • Children and Group Applications: Each individual must have their own EVW, and those applying on behalf of others should provide their contact details along with the applicants.

After successful application, you’ll receive an email with a link to download your Electronic Visa Waiver.

#4. Join the UK Healthcare Sector

The UK welcomes medical professionals to work in eligible healthcare or social care jobs through the Healthcare Worker visa.

Eligibility Criteria

  • Qualifications: Be a certified doctor, nurse, health professional, or adult social care worker.
  • Certificate of Sponsorship: You need a certificate of sponsorship from a UK employer approved by the Home Office.
  • Salary Requirement: Your salary must meet the minimum threshold based on your job.
  • English Proficiency: You should understand the English language.

After 5 years, you may be eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK.

#5. Stay in the UK with the Graduate Visa

The Graduate visa allows individuals who have completed a course in the UK to stay for at least 2 years (3 years for PhD holders).

Eligibility Criteria

  • Be currently in the UK with a Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa.
  • Have studied a UK bachelor’s or postgraduate degree or another eligible course.
  • Your education provider must confirm your course completion to the Home Office.

Application Process

Apply online for the Graduate visa, ensuring you have the necessary documents and paying the required fees.

After obtaining the Graduate visa, you can live and work in the UK for the specified duration. Your partner and children may also apply to stay if they meet the eligibility criteria.

#6. Student Visa

If you’re thinking of moving to the UK, one of the easiest ways is by becoming a student. It’s simple: find a school, apply, and get accepted.

To get a UK Student visa, you need to meet certain requirements:

  • Be 16 years old or above.
  • Have a sponsor who will provide you with a place to stay.
  • Proof that there are sufficient funds to sponsor your studies and welfare.
  • Prove your English language skills.
  • Provide parental consent if you’re 16 or 17 years old.
  • For the latest steps on obtaining a UK student visa, check the official UK government sources.

#7. Move through the Start-Up Visa Program

The Start-up visa allows you to start innovative businesses in the UK.

Eligibility Criteria

  • Get endorsed by an authorized body like a UK higher education institution or a supportive business organization.
  • Receive an “endorsement letter” before 13 April 2023.
  • Apply within 3 months of receiving the endorsement letter.
  • Your business idea must be new, innovative, and viable.


  • Apply online.
  • Stay in the UK for a maximum of 2 years.
  • Pay visa fees and healthcare surcharge.

You can’t access most benefits or settle permanently in the UK with this visa. However, you might be eligible to switch to an Innovator Founder visa later on.

#8. The ILR

Indefinite leave to remain in the UK is a status that shows permanent residency which can be obtained by staying in the UK for at least 5 years.

However, at the demise of a partner, you’re qualified to apply for the ILR in the UK.


  • Partner’s Status: Your partner must have been a British citizen, held indefinite leave to remain, or been from the EU/EEA with pre-settled status.
  • Relationship: You should have been partners with the deceased.
  • In the UK: You must be in the UK when you apply.
  • Application Fee: The application fee is £2,404, and biometric information will be taken.

If approved, you gain the right to live, work, study, and access benefits in the UK.

After 12 months, you can apply for British citizenship. However, please note that staying outside the UK for over 2 years may result in losing indefinite leave to remain.

#9. Move to the UK through the Global Talent Visa

As a potential or thought leader in tech, academia, research, arts and culture you can migrate to the UK via the Global Talent Visa.

Requirements and Process

  • Usually, you need to apply for an endorsement to prove your leadership or potential in your field.
  • If you’ve won an eligible award, you can apply for the visa without an endorsement.
  • Apply online for the visa.
  • There is no limit to the time you can stay, but you need to renew your visa before 5 years.
  • Fees may vary based on your situation.

#10. Seek Asylum in the UK

If you can’t return to your home country due to fear of persecution based on your race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or social group, you may apply for asylum in the UK.

Steps and Processes for Asylum

  • Apply as soon as you arrive in the UK or feel endangered in your home country.
  • Attend a screening meeting with an immigration officer.
  • If eligible, have an asylum interview with a caseworker from the Home Office.
  • Normally, you’ll get a decision within 6 months.
  • Provide accurate information throughout the process, as giving false information can have serious consequences.

#11. Move to the UK as a Skilled Worker

This skilled worker visa allows you to work in the UK in a job approved by an eligible employer.

Eligibility Criteria

  • Job Offer: You need a job offer from an approved UK employer.
  • Certificate of Sponsorship: You must have a certificate of sponsorship from your employer, and your salary must meet the minimum requirements.
  • English Proficiency: You also have to demonstrate your proficiency in English.
  • The application process is online, and the decision usually takes 3 weeks if applying from outside the UK or 8 weeks if you’re already in the UK.

After five years on this visa, you may become eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain, also known as settled status, which allows you to stay in the UK indefinitely.

#12. Sportsperson Visa

The International Sportsperson visa offers you an opportunity to come to the UK as a professional person in any sport.


  • Elite Sportsperson or Qualified Coach: You must be an elite sportsperson or a qualified coach in your sport.
  • International Establishment: It’s essential to show that you have achieved international recognition in your sport and have competed at the highest level.
  • Endorsement by the Governing Body: Your application must be endorsed by the UK’s governing body for your sport, confirming your contribution to the sport’s development at the highest level.

#13. Clergyman

If you are a religious worker or minister, the Minister of Religion visa (T2) could be your gateway to the UK.


To qualify for this visa, you should meet these requirements:

  • Job Offer: You must have a job offer within a faith community in the UK.
  • General Eligibility: You need to meet general requirements, including age and language proficiency.
  • Sponsorship: You’ll require a licensed sponsor to provide a certificate of sponsorship. You can apply up to 3 months before your job start date.
  • Please note that there are restrictions on share ownership and accessing public funds. Make sure to check the official guidelines before applying.

#14. The UK with the Youth Mobility Visa

If you’re between 18 and 30 years old (or 18 and 35 for New Zealanders) and want to live and work in the UK for up to two years, the Youth Mobility Visa Scheme is your ticket.

Eligibility Criteria

PS: Remember, you can apply for this visa up to 6 months before your intended travel date.

  • Age: You must be between 18 and 30 (or 18 and 35 for New Zealand citizens) at the time of application.
  • Nationality: Certain types of British Nationality or citizenship from specific countries or territories are eligible. Check the official UK government website for the complete list.
  • Financial Requirement: You must have £2,530 in personal savings, continuously for 28 days before applying.

#15. The Standard Visitor Visa

If you want to travel to the UK for tourism, visiting family or friends, or any other short-term purpose, the Standard Visitor Visa is your choice.

Eligibility Criteria

  • Valid Passport: Present the requested travel documents or passports.
  • Limited Duration: Show that your visit won’t exceed the allowed period.
  • Financial Support: Have sufficient funds to support yourself during the trip, including your return or onward journey.
  • No Long-Term Intentions: You should not have intentions to live in the UK long-term.

Additional requirements may apply for study, academic, medical, or other specific purposes.

The visa application can be completed online, and the cost is £100 for up to 6 months.

If you’re only transiting through the UK, the Visitor in Transit visa costs £64.


What about the UK paid engagement?

To visit the UK for a paid engagement, apply for a Permitted Paid Engagement (PPE) Visa with a formal invitation from a UK-based organization.

Who is eligible for the Electronic Visa Waiver (EVW) to visit the UK?

Citizens of specific Middle Eastern countries like Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the UAE are eligible for the EVW.


Do you have the determination, here is your validation. Note that this information was as at the time of writing this article, I’ll advise you to confirm the package that you’re interested in taking on the government of UK official website. Stay safe and good luck.


Adblock Detected

Adblocker detected! Please consider reading this notice.

We've detected that you are using AdBlock Plus or some other adblocking software which is preventing the page from fully loading.

We don't have any banner, Flash, animation, obnoxious sound, or popup ad. We do not implement these annoying types of ads!

We need money to operate the site, and almost all of it comes from our online advertising.

Please add yourdomain.com to your ad blocking whitelist or disable your adblocking software.